Flexible Staffing of Georgia is currently seeking a Yard Laborer for our client in the Lawrenceville area. Our client is one of the world’s leading companies for developing, manufacturing, and distributing formwork solutions for use in all fields of the construction sector.
Yard Laborer Responsibilities
- Assists in maintaining an organized and logical yard.
- Work productively as a member of the team.
- Takes responsibility for the proper use, maintenance, and safety of all tools and equipment.
- Inspects and properly classifies and records material damages from material received.
- Ensures equipment is properly placed and returned to its proper storage location.
- Inform supervisor of the status of consumables necessary to perform the job to ensure that you do not run out.
- Complies with Doka Standards regarding bundling and stacking requirements, including quality, safety, accuracy, productivity, etc.
- Accurately counts orders and returns and inventory counting.
- Consistently uses approved safety equipment.
- Asks questions and ensures continually training in product knowledge.
- Manages the logistics of all material (location, the flow of goods) to ensure proper storage avoiding congestion.
- Ensure proper disposal of all damaged/scrap material in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure containers and shelves are accurately marked to ensure proper product information.
- Complies with company cleanliness and housekeeping standards.
- Safely performs pushing, pulling, and lifting tasks to upwards of 100lbs or more only with the proper use of the appropriate equipment provided (i.e. forklift, crane).
- Ensures equipment is and will be functioning properly and is placed and returned to its proper storage location.
Other Responsibilities/Peripheral Functions
- Properly follows maintenance procedures.
- Properly wears all required personal protective equipment
- Immediately reports all incidents, accidents, unsafe work conditions, problems, or concerns to the immediate supervisor.
- Maintains accurate counts of hardware pulled and returned to stock.
- Willingly participates in all mandatory training classes.
- Safely operates forklift and conducts and documents daily forklift checks (applicable to authorized forklift operators only)
- Consistently maintains a clean, well-maintained, and organized work area.
- Consistently complies with all safety requirements
- Flexible to work overtime as required.
- Other duties/projects as assigned; including participating in company committees/teams.
- Complies with all company policies, business, and safety practices.
Schedule: Mon-Fri, 6:30 am - 3:00 pm (some Saturdays, depending on workload)
- Previous experience in a construction or building materials yard a plus.
- Excellent communication skills including an excellent command of English (speaking, reading, writing).
- Qualitative abilities including strong analytical skills, technical proficiency, and effective problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Willing and able to learn new products, concepts, and techniques.
- Able to work independently in a results-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
This position requires the ability to support the operations functions at times complete projects on short notice with minimal information.
Extensive daily interaction with yard staff, truck drivers, colleagues, management, and customers. Communicates effectively with all levels of management both internally and externally.
This position requires the ability to think strategically and analytically. Able to understand the impact of his/her accountabilities as they relate to the entire yard. Position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to be organized and manage time to meet deadlines.
Working conditions will significantly vary (extreme outdoor temperatures/inclement weather conditions), the high noise level in certain areas. These positions are physically demanding on a routine basis. Regularly required to reach with hands and arms: climb or balance and stoop: kneel and/or crouch.