Gear Cutting Operator
Assist in the fabrication of metal structures
- Work from process sheets, blueprints or other written/verbal instructions given by supervisor to perform production tasks.
- Maneuver large, awkward, or heavy parts manually or with a crane.
- Setup, operate, and tend machines used to process components.
- Install align and lock dies, punches, blades, or other machine fixtures to assure safe operation of machine.
- Maintain machine and work area in a clean and safe manner.
- Check and inspect operation against predetermined tolerances.
- Work in other areas or departments as assigned.
Compensation: $14.00 - $16.00 / hr (based on experience and test performance)
Schedule: (5 hours of mandatory overtime are included in the schedule)
- First Shift: Mon-Fri; 6:00 am - 3:30 pm
- Second Shift: Mon-Fri; 3:15 pm - 12:45 am
Requires average math skills, simple oral communication skills; ability to read and comprehend instructions written in English and complete simple logs and reports in English
Must be physically able to handle heavy items including lifting, pushing, pulling, and positioning components
Must be able to work scheduled hours and comply with the company’s timekeeping policy and all other company policies
Must be able to consistently stand for entire 9-hour shift
Knowledge of basic machining practices and materials is a plus, as is general mechanical knowledge
Ability to work in a team setting