Location : Ellenwood, GA
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Compensation : 12.00 USD/HOUR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : High School Diploma
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
The role of the Office Clerk is to provide daily clerical support in the office. Responsibilities may include data entry, sorting and filing, telecommunication activities such as answering and transferring phone calls, sending and receiving emails, and running various reports to assist the overall operation. Office Clerks must be able to work in a team environment and support other team members and may be asked to work until all freight has been closed out.
The Office Clerk’s daily responsibilities includes but is not limited to the following tasks.
- Billing inbound loads as they arrive. Checking for discrepancies and correcting the information in the AS400 to match the paperwork submitted by the vendor. Printing check sheets so the dock can work the freight.
- Closing out trailer manifests for completed loads. Checking for accuracy while looking for overweight or HazMat alerts. Creating additional check sheets for split PO’s
- Setting up partials in the system for trailers that have not yet closed.
- Sending 210 and 214 EDI transmissions throughout the day and before closing.
- Maintaining a weight balance spreadsheet throughout the day. Being able to quickly and accurately report to any dock supervisors how much tonnage has been billed at any given time.
- Matching and imaging inbound and outbound documents as well as unloading reports. Electronically filing all documents with the appropriate file name and location prior to disposable.
- Entering unloading report data into the system for the assigned DC’s. Requesting all unloading reports not received within 23 days of trailer departure.
- Promptly and courteously answering phone calls. Assisting drivers with directions. Transferring calls to the appropriate party or department.
- Running various reports to support the office and dock. Reports include but are not limited to: Seal check, on hand, Open Bookings Report and Weight Balance Report.”
- Picking up mail from the post office.
- Wednesday - 4:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Thursday - 4:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Friday - 4:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Saturday - 3:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Sunday - 6:00 am to 3:00 pm
Required Qualifications :
- Must be detail oriented and accurate along with the ability to multi task.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic typing and computer skills including but not limited to checking and sending emails, have an understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word programs, be able to answer and transfer phone calls, manage filing, and office machine operation.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and support other team members.
- Prior experience operating with AS400 (preferred)
Skills :AS400 Computer Proficient Shipping/Receiving