Flight Press Operator
Location : Scottdale, GA
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Compensation : 14.00 USD/HOUR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 1
Required Education : High School Diploma or equivalent
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
The Press Operator sets up and operates hydraulic presses to compress metal powders into solid metal parts.
- Observes press operations and notifies Lead Person of any malfunctions.
- Examines finished part for nicks, burrs, and cracks.
- Weighs parts on scale and measures dimensions to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Makes necessary adjustments to regulate amount of powder in part.
- Documents production information such as lot number, number of parts, and date/time of production.Measures completed workpieces to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gauges, or calipers.
- Examines completed workpieces for defects, such as chipped edges or marred surfaces and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
- Starts machines, monitors machine operations, and records operational data.
- Reads work orders or production schedules to determine specifications, such as materials to be used , dimensions, and tolerances.
- Position guides, stops, holding blocks, or other fixtures to secure and direct workpieces, using hand tools and measuring devices.
- Responsible for adhering to safety and environmental policies and regulations.
- Responsible for adherence to company policies and procedures.
- 1st Shift Mon-Fri; 6:00 am - 3:30 pm
- 2nd Shift Mon-Fri; 3:15 pm - 12:45 am
Required Qualifications :
- Must possess good math Skills
- Must be able to read a measurement tape
- At least one year of previous relevant experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prior stamping or press experience preferred
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills: will need to determined why machines are not at peak performance, how to increase output and how to fix errors.
- Must have keen attention to detail is required
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements: Lifting up to 80 lbs.
Skills :Punch Press