2nd Shift Supervisor
Location : Norcross, GA
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2-3
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
- Supervise saw and machinery operation.
- Supervise employees including Team Leads
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, production sequences, and contingency plans for schedule compliance
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions
- Conduct systematic checks on equipment
- Prepare and maintain work records and reports that include information such as employee time and wages, daily receipts, and inspection results
- Evaluate employee performance and prepare performance appraisals
- Record personnel, production and operational data on specified forms and reports
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations
- Establish cross training plans within the shift
Schedule: Flexible - Sunday-Thursday; 1:00 pm - 12:00 am
Compensation: $13.00 - $16.00 / Hour (based on experience)
Required Qualifications :
- Must possess moderate Math Skills: Fully understands arithmetic, algebra, & geometry. Needs to have the ability to problem solve / trouble shoot drawings.
- Must be able to use hand tools as well as power tools - Needs to understand safe operating procedures and electrical safety
- Must have extreme HR skills with direct supervision as well as training / teaching. Teaching is a better description of what we need to do with our employees.
- Must be an experienced forklift operator / trainer.
- Must possess moderately computer literacy: Basic Microsoft / windows. Inventory management system and Microsoft Dynamics Experience a plus.
- Must be able to read and explain drawings to instruct / build / QA product.
- Driving forklift and warehousing of finished product or stocking production lines.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements: May have to put away lumber / unload trucks occasionally when required.
- Must be able to pick up tools and assist with production while still be able to delegate and supervise.
- Must be able to Identify and train leaders.
- Must be mechanically inclined: Possibly make small repairs / blade changes on equipment.